How To Find Your Niche
If you follow us on Instagram, you will know that we post daily "boss babe" power profiles of successful, inspirational women.
We want to help you become the best that you can and to guide you to tap into your potential. We are all gifted, the sooner you identify your gift, the better. It's the thing you do the best with the least amount of effort.
Your first step to becoming a boss babe is to find your niche. Ask yourself these questions:
- What am I happiest doing?
- Who do I love working with?
It's not about what you are capable of TODAY; it's about what is possible.
You must work in an area that you are passionate about. If you do not care about what you are doing. Your odds of quitting will significantly increase, and you may not find the drive within you to persevere when things get tough.
I want you to list 5 skills and 5 interests that you have. I then want you to pair them up until you find an industry. Here is an example list from a friend:
FEMALE SPORTS PHOTOGRAPHY
Those are just a few pairs that you could make...Finding an area that you are passionate about that you also have knowledge on is a sweet spot for identifying your niche.
1. So now you've identified a niche you need to figure out if there is a market for it. You want to make sure that there is a need for it; otherwise, your work will stay a hobby and not a sustainable income. Check the search volume 1K-10K per month. Check the competition, go with low-medium use AdWord to check this.
2. Narrow done your niche. You may have found that Female sports photography is a brand niche, so narrow it down to find sub-niches.
3. Now think about what you can offer that will set you apart from competitors and give you a unique selling point. An easy way to do this is to research problems within each area. You can do this by talking to peers in the field going on quota etc.
4. You need to identify your strengths and weaknesses. Are you good, or can you develop skills in something that can meet demand? This is when passion plays KEY ROLE. What do you easily that others have a hard time with?
5. So now that you have found your niche, the only thing left to do is to TRY IT OUT.
While these five steps will not guarantee success in your chosen niche, it will undoubtedly trigger some ideas and inspire you to dig deeper.
Love This? Help it to Trend!